Saturday, June 7, 2008

Teaching

I'm beginning to really enjoy teaching dance again. There was a time a few years ago when I was teaching five, six, even seven days per week. It got very old and I got very tired of it. I got burnt out, bitter about every little annoyance. Since I've had a nice long break from it and am doing more lately, I'm remembering what it is that I like about it. I like sharing my knowledge with people. I like the challenge of finding a new way to explain a concept so every person in the class gets it...or at least comes close. I like it when someone tells me after class "I've never gotten that before, but you explained it so well I understand now!" Every time it happens, I get a charge...it makes my day.

I teach again on June 27th, at Sac Ballroom Society. I'll be teaching American Foxtrot, then dj'ing for the dance. Should be fun...come on out!

No comments: